Thursday, May 27, 2010

Contest abound...I think I can beat a woman

I had a dream last night. I can’t tell if it is a sexist dream. It probably is, but because it was so unusual for me, I will describe it.

I was in a contest. I felt I was favored to win. A woman walks up to me carrying a shovel. She said “I brought this to bury you…I will win today.” I smile because I like her attitude. I am amused and excited by her brazen challenge. My thoughts are on me and my outstanding skill level. She obviously doesn’t know who I am or she would realize she has already lost.

As she stood with the posture of a champion, I hear Helen Reddy singing in the background. “I am strong…I am invincible…la la la.” Helen Reddy, really, what kind of dream is this? That is so cute, she wants to win.

I was beaten soundly by this arrogant bitch. Who does she think she is parading around here like that? I hate her, I do I hate her. No I don’t. I think I love her.

This dream has perplexed me. I never thought that I had gender issues. I still don't think I do. I have competed in different types of contests and I appreciate the contestants that are ‘in it to win it’. Man, woman or alien (yes even the illegal ones) have my respect when they compete with their best game.

I don’t think I would feel humiliation from being beaten by a woman. Unless the contest involved being manly. Being less manly than a woman would suck. I digress.

I believe the dreams lesson was in my focus. The woman was there to win and that is all she concentrated on. I was too busy judging her to concentrate on the task at hand. Hmmm. I also feel the woman in my dream represented a competitor that I could win against, especially if it was a fighting contest. Then again, anything can happen in a contest.

Yes it probably is sexist. Oh well it is good to be the king at least in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment