Saturday, February 13, 2010

She told me it was unisex.

Last week I went shopping for a shirt. I had some functions to attend that required me to look my best and a new shirt would help. I don't like to browse and try on clothes when I shop. I want to get it over with as soon as possible and be on my way.

I walked into a clothing store and was greeted by a salesperson. "May I help you?" she inquired. "I am looking for a shirt." I blandly replied. She side stepped and produced a shirt seemingly as if she knew what I wanted all along. She held up the shirt and said, "I've got the shirt for you right here. It is the newest thing in fashion and what is really great is that it is unisex."

She handed me the shirt to examine. Oh it is lovely I thought. The fabric is incredibly soft and it is shiny. I like shiny things. "I don't know." I said holding the shirt up. I noticed that the shirt was my size. "I think you will look great in this shirt." the sales lady said. You know what, I believed her. I decided to try it on. It had an unusual cut to the material, it fit great and I noticed I looked slimmer in the mirror. The sales lady must have been one shirt away from a huge commission because she gushed all over about how good I looked. She was a true professional. I purchased the shirt.

Have you ever noticed when you buy a new car, you suddenly see that type of car everywhere? That is what I experienced with my new shirt, except I didn't see this shirt on one man, only very fashionably dressed women. Hmmmmm I wondered why my wife asked me why I was wearing her clothes. I wondered why the gay guy at work suddenly decided to hit on me. He told me exactly what he wanted to do to me. I was flattered.
I guess the unisex part of this style of shirt hasn't caught on yet. Wow I am on the front lines of a new trend. I'm glad too, because the shirt really makes me look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment